Re: [dwm] mode/width/nmaster per view patch?

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:27:10 +0100

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:51:31PM +0100, Julian Romero wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net> wrote:

> >I'm currently playing around with dwm after sticking a long time to
> >wmii. The latest developments made it much more interesting to me,
> >it's really a great piece of work. However, I miss the ability to
> >keep tile/float mode, master tile width and nmaster per view.

> I'm using http://www.cgarbs.de/dwm-mitch.en.html
> (I'm not the owner, but just in case Mitch is not following the list these
> days...)

Yes, I am :-)

Sadly the patch is a bit out-dated right now (dwm 2.7 I think) - as
soon as I find some time, I'll update it to current dwm. With 3.0 in
the works, I think I'll wait for that release.

> I don't know if the patch to have different modes in each tag works alone
> because there is a patch to remove tags

If you just want to use separate tile/float/nmaster per view, the
patch will be not directly applicable, because it depends on another
patch which removes views and reinstates old wmii "workspace"
behaviour.

> (I'm using the whole package)

Hey, somebody besides me uses it. Knowing this makes future updates
somewhat faster :-)

Regards,
Christian

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de
This message is viewed best at 80x25 or more.