[dwm] obscure bug

From: David Brooke <dwm_AT_dbrooke.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:16:07 +0000

I have a dual head setup with 2 instances of dwm.

This means I can have a client visible on one of the screens but without
it having focus.

If that client is closed remotely then the bar can either display
garbage characters in the window title field and with the tag indicators
also messed up or alternatively the values for the now-closed window may
remain.

If there is another client in the view then giving it focus by returning
the mouse to that screen updates the bar.

If the view has become empty then sometimes switching views (even to
another empty view) will clear the incorrect display but not always and
I haven't figured out the logic for that.

This is reproducible by starting a screen session in an rxvt and remote
detaching it with e.g. rxvt -e screen -d -RR

I'm running unpatched dwm 3.1

David