Re: [dwm] Firefox bug?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:01:34 +0100

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:31:05PM +0000, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Anyone else seen this sort of problem before with Firefox?
>
> The page shouldn't pop out of Firefox's tab in the first place.
>
> Or is it dwm?
>
> Screenshot of bug:
> http://flickr.com/photos/hendry/368391042/

To me this looks like a firefox bug. To confirm this thesis,
please provide a dump of xwinprop when pointing to such popped
out window?

I assume it is an override redirect window (such windows also
are created when using AJAX apps) - they are not reparented with
the firefox window itself, but with the root window. But since
they have no border, dwm does not handle them.

Also tell me if this happens with vanilla dwm-3.2.1

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361