Re: [dwm] uriel sez the default config is retarded

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:38:54 +0100

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 11:04:30AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:32:35AM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > So out of curiosity, I ask, who uses the default config? And if
> > not, what changes do you make (you can diff the default config
> > to mine, I use dmenu and some different shortcuts).
>
> Isn't config.arg.h the default config? ;) I never understood the point
> of this "default" thingie..

Well, config.arg.h exists because of several reasons:

- plain dwm should not depend on the existence of lsx and dmenu
  by default
- I change my color scheme rather frequently and my color scheme
  needs a good screen to be useful
- the terminus font is not present in default X setups
- config.arg.h is intended to provide an example how a different
  config might look like

Regards,