[dwm] focusnext order in tiled layout

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:53:48 +0100

Hoi community

I've been using dwm quite some time and always kept to version 2.1,
cause I never felt the need to upgrade.
Although I read the mailing list constantly.

So today was the day to have a look at some new version ... just for
fun. I took the tip (3.5) and tried the NMASTER feature, the perhaps
biggest improvement.

Now what I really want to say:
With NMASTER > 1

I expected that the focus would circle round clockwise, but it just goes
down the stacks.

Okay, I agree, that typically the windows in the left stack are the
important ones, so the focus should stay there first.
But on the other hand, your eyes normally move from left to right before
they do down ....

What do you think about that? Did the current behaviour felt natural to
you in the beginning, cause the first experience matters much! Maybe you
heard about the "principle of least surprise".

Meillo r e t u r n s

... and thanks to everyone who contibuted to this great piece of
software!