Re: [dwm] tagging vs stereo

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:39:48 +0100

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:25:54AM +0100, Marek Bernat wrote:
> I spend most of my time browsing and using terminals as well and only
> occasionaly run other apps.
> So this sounds like a very interesting idea and I would definetely love to
> try it out.
>
> One thing, I am not sure how you wnat to re-attach a detached window.
> You mean inverting the view and doing detachement there?
> Or do you want to use some iconify mechanism, so that the windows of the
> other view would be minimized in the current view?

Reattach will be quite easy - if you detach a window, it will be
made invisible and prepended to the window list. If you now
perform attach, this will seek for the first unvisible window in
the window list, and make it visible. (Invert works on the
complete window list, quite a simple implementation).

Regards,