Re: [dwm] Re: master size for each tag patch

From: Marek Bernat <marek.bernat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:55:57 +0100

On 2/14/07, Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de> wrote:

> It's basically the old "multiple desktops" approach.
>
> Think of your tags being numerical (0, 1, 2, 3, ..., n) and being
> called "workspace" instead of "tag".
>
> The maximum workspace number "n" is dynamic, e.g. you can create and
> remove workspaces on the fly.
>
> Every client always belongs to exactly one workspace (which one that
> is can be changed of course).
>
> You can select the workspace you want to see, either via "next" and
> "previous" or via direct selection.
>
> Workspace 0 is always invisible (think "minimized" or "iconified").
>
> Special keybindings move your client to workspace 0 ("detach") or grab
> it from there ("attach"). This can also be used to move clients from
> one workspace to another: detach, switch workspace, reattach.

Sounds interesting. I have never given any client more than one tag anyway,
I didn't find that very practical.
And I can imagine it could also solve my dictionary problem by
detaching/attaching it to the browser workspace (+ the individual master
size for that workspace). You know this was one of the things I was thinking
about recently. That is, any tag(well let's call it workspace) could have
sattelite minor tag where to send applications you don't need right now
(arg's stereo concept, but for each workspace). But I guess, one such
workspace (0) will be all that I need.

Regards.