Re: [dwm] recent changes to dwm (since dwm-3.5)

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:39:14 +0100 (CET)

> DEFMODE, TILESYMBOL and FLOATSYMBOL have been removed in favor
> of the new Layout struct which is initialized in config.h as
> follows:
>
> #define LAYOUTS \
> static Layout layout[] = { \
> /* symbol function */ \
> { "[]=", tile }, /* first entry is default */ \
> { "><>", versatile }, \
> };
>
> So adding a new layout like grid is easy:
>
> #define LAYOUTS \
> static Layout layout[] = { \
> /* symbol function */ \
> { "[]=", tile }, /* first entry is default */ \
> { "+++", grid }, \
> { "><>", versatile }, \
> };

This is a great improvement!

__

OT:

> extern Layout *lt; points to the current layout in use,
> so all occurences of arrange(); have been replaced with
> lt->arrange();, lt->symbol points to the symbol of the layout.
>
> Consequently I renamed all occurences of mode into layout now
> (bmw has been renamed to blw for instance).

if you could explain, cause I don't know why you choose identifiers like
`lt' which IMHO don't really speak for themself, instead of just taking
`layout' which are only 4 letters more?

I think using `layout' provides so much more information for so less more
costs. Why shouldn't we invest that penny?

meillo