Re: update: Re: [dwm] recent changes to dwm (since dwm-3.5)

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:44:14 +0100

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:23:53AM +0200, Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
> > > I have a question: if instead of patching the layout.c file for new
> > > layouts, each of us who created a layout patch would create a
> > > separate file, such as:
> > >
> > > layout_grid.c
> > > layout_bstack.c
> >
> > Do what you like, but don't forget that those files must be
> > included in Makefile somehow and the function signatures must be
> > local in layout.c as well... so I consider this as don't do it
> > that way ;)
> Ok then, thanks for the advice :)

There is also another reason - the wmii-2 way only supported the
arrange-function being integrated that way. But in dwm we have
things like incnmaster() or resizemaster() which manipulate the
tile()-layout. Hence it would get very messy to handle such
add-on functions with such a way like we had in wmii-2 - so it
is much easier and simplier for patch contributors to put
everything into 1 single superfeature.patch file.

Regards,