Re: [dwm] update moveresize for dwm 3.7

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <dwm_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:03:23 +0100

On Mon 26-02-2007 16:05, pancake wrote:

> Is possible to move the cursor following the floating window? this way
> the focus will never be lost.

Yep, this would be an improvement and I already thought about adding
this feature.

> BTW it is possible to move/resize a window to a certain position with
> this patch? or it's only absolute?

Both is possible and I actually need both. - I have a shortcut to move
the selected window to the edges of the screen.

> > On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:30:40PM +0100, pancake wrote:
> >
> > Well I dislike the approach to make mix moveresize for absolute and
> > relative resizals... I don't see much use in absolute resizals,
> > because there is togglemax().
>
> absolute resizals could be useful, you can "store" certain
> position/sizes of windows and move then to these positions when you
> need them. As tiling, but floating and for certain values (like a
> vertical bar for the gaim roster at the left of the screen, or so..)

Vertical or horizontal maximize is something I really appreciate -
moveresize could be improved in this direction, too.

Jan Christoph

--
For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under
heaven. Ecclesiastes 3,1