Re: [dwm] dzen2 latest release

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:11:50 +0100 (CET)

> I put this as an example on dzen's new web site
> http://gotmor.googlepages.com/dzen.
> I hope you don't mind.

perfect! hope you like mesure too ;)

>> Suggestions and ideas:
>> ======================
>> - hook SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 for rollup/rolldown the window
>
> Maybe we should have a couple of useful functions and let the user set the
> function to be invoked when SIGUSR* is received..
>
> Not really sure about this, i'll evaluate.

Ok, IMHO signals are the most forgotten ones in programming.

>> - return value depends on the mouse button (0 = left button, 1 = middle
>> button, 2 = right button) ...
>
> That's a nice idea and will definitly go into the next release.

great

>> - support for wheel (progressive rollup/rolldown)
> Could you elaborate on this?

Well, the idea is to allow to progressive rollup/rolldown dzen2 using the
mouse wheel, and show more or less lines depending on the times you turn
the wheel...sorry for my bad explanation..I could explain this better in
ascii art..

 [_eth0_] ; folded dzen

 [_eth0_]____ ; one line dzen (wheel+1)
 |___________|

 [_eth0_]____ ; two line dzen (wheel+2)
 | 2 KB/s |
 |___________|

 [_eth0_]____ ; three line dzen (wheel+3)
 | 2 KB/s |
 | 4 KB/s |

this is. rollup/rolldown the dzen window using the wheel O:)

I forgot to explain another idea:

 - fg/bg color for the button window (the first line)

   this way we'll be able to define different colors for the window title
   and another for the rest. Just for eyecandy purposes O:)

--pancake