Re: [dwm] xmonad: dwm clone in Haskell

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:58:13 +0200

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 09:09:30PM -0700, usrucb_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> Looks like they're shooting for <400 lines of code:
>
> http://lennartkolmodin.blogspot.com/2007/04/xmonad.html
> http://xmonad.org/

I think it's very cool that people try to clone dwm in different
PLs. However, I doubt it is achievable in lesser than 400 LOC
without hiding a lot of stuff into a separate package/lib namely
X11-extras - which is part of dwm itself ;)

As a side-note: I believe that a higher level library than Xlib
might be a great invention - something between widget libs and
Xlib itself, which can be used for drawing and which does work
with threads instead of a state machine... Such a lib would
allow to finish simple X apps in a couple of hours and to hide
all braindamage which has evolved during ICCCM and now EWMH
times...

Regards,