[dwm] dwm-4.0 / dmenu-3.0

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:43:15 +0200

Hi there,

I created new releases:

 http://www.suckless.org/download/dwm-4.0.tar.gz
 http://www.suckless.org/download/dmenu-3.0.tar.gz

Both contain some minor changes (actually I jumped from
dmenu-2.8 to dmenu-3.0, because I didn't checked carefully that
there was no dmenu-2.9, nevermind ;))

dwm-4.0 works with clients which set the TRANSIENT_FOR hint to
some junk value (see the mailing list archives for such broken
apps), and it also restores the client border at unmanage() time
to the initial value. This fixes a nasty bug (border remains in
north-west edges) when toggling the mplayer window between
normal and fullscreen state.

However, I wasn't able to workaround/fix the firefox issue when
toggling firefox into fullscreen mode. Actually firefox is
broken, it does not conform to ConfigureRequest responses
specified in ICCCM. If firefox is a tiled window, dwm ignores
any configurerequest and sends back a synthetic configure notify
event which sets the border_width to the value firefox requested
- this notifies firefox (conforiming to ICCCM) that the WM
ignores the request of the client. But firefox resizes its
internal pixmap buffer anyways and assumes a wrong window size
afterwards. Not to mention that firefox behaves similiar worse
in either floating layout or floating mode as well.

I recommend you: DO NOT use the fullscreen-feature of firefox if
the side-effects with dwm annoy you. Instead view it in a
separate tag.

Regards,