Re: [dwm] testing URL

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:14:08 +0000 (GMT)

|its just you. works fine here

Thanks to both the testers.
I'm currently a bit stuck figuring out what
is going wrong. One thing I have noticed is that there are 5 uses of
strncpy in dwm-4.0, only one forcibly writes a zero byte to the end of
the copied-to array just in case (the
"strncpy(stext, strerror(errno), sizeof stext - 1);" in main.c).
(For the uninitiated, strncpy has bizarre behaviour,
it won't write more than the specified number of bytes but if
there are more it won't zero-terminate and you can't find out
whether that happened.) I was wondering if somehow the URL
is giving an unterminated string, but it doesn't seem to be.

And it's only happening for me. :-(

cheers, dave tweed

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/