[dwm] [howto] Using CapsLock as the modkey

From: Jarek Rzeszótko <sztywny_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:28:38 +0000

I wanted to use CapsLock as my modkey in dwm, as it is one of the rare
keys that is not used in any other apps. Sadly, I run into some
problems with getting it right, the CapsLock somehow disables
capturing of mouse events - everything was working fine, except I
couldn't resize/move floating windows. I finally got it running with
the help of of rob from #dwm... In case anyone else would need it,
here's a working solution:

You run this before executing dwm:

xmodmap -e "remove Lock = Caps_Lock"
xmodmap -e "clear mod2"
xmodmap -e "add Mod2 = Caps_Lock"

[ case can matter, I learned it the hard way ]

And set:

#define MODKEY Mod2Mask

Also, thanks for making dwm/dmenu as cool as they really are :)