Re: [dwm] Can someone explain how FONT configuration works in Status Bar?

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 14:02:36 +0200

> Ok, I met my first "bug". In DWM, Firefox cannot display Chinese character
not a bug
you must select a font which have the proper glyphs for your encoding

> 1. I am wondering if my FONT configuration will work only in Ubuntu or will
> work in other distro also?
will work if the given font is installed correctly

> 2. My configuration seems not much different from the original line. Can
> some one explain why my version works? It will be appreciated if someone can
> give me some reference on linux fonts mechanism.
you can use xfontsel to see which fonts are installed
and as you can see there it has an encoding option
you must select the proper encoding if you want to see chinese characters

ps: you don't have to tell us your life story when you have a problem