Re: [dwm] OT: software follows the inverse of Moore's law

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:00:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 04:06:38PM +0200, Riccardo Murri wrote:
> readers of this list might find the following link a good argument in
> favor of "suckless" software :-)
>
> http://hubpages.com/hub/_86_Mac_Plus_Vs_07_AMD_DualCore_You_Wont_Believe_Who_Wins

This comparision points out the truth about the second software
crisis we can observe today, - even if the old Mac OS software
is no ideal... ;)

However, assume the Mac OS software from mid 80s would run on
that AMD X2. I once run a car racing game designed for the
timing of a 80286 on a Pentium1, and it performed like hell - so
it was unusable ;)

Regards,