Re: [dwm] about dwm's quit and Xorg's quit

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:25:35 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 06:10:13PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 6/17/07, Philipp Köhler <koehler.philipp_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >If i use dwms MOD+shift+Q i dont really exit dwm... just a blank
> >screen. but i dont return to gdm.
>
> Yes, you do really exit dwm.
> That doesn't necessarily mean that your X session is over though (if
> it was, you would go back to gdm). Apparently something (not dwm) is
> keeping your session from finishing, you just need to figure out what.

I assume Philipp feeds dwm with input using some shell-based
loop in .xsession. If so, consider the archives for examples how
to change the feed constructs that they exit properly if dwm
exits. The example given in README does not take care of such
cornercases for simplicity reasons. But other fifo-based ones
do.

Regards,