Re: [dwm] Greyish blobs

From: Sebastian Goll <sebastian.goll_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:29:10 +0200

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:23:22 +0200
"Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:

> Yea, that might be the reason. dwm assumes that any window which
> performs a MapRequest is ready being mapped (which is ICCCM
> compliant) - however, there might be windows which request being
> mapped, but which aren't viewable, - that's somewhat odd and I'd
> recommend Wolfram Research to use pixmaps instead of such
> windows, or windows which are created on demand instead...

Is there any chance of seeing a patch fixing this problem in dwm for now
(similar perhaps to the fix in xmonad and not necessarily mainstream)? I
fear that Wolfram Research won't provide a fix for their software, until
at least the next release; not that many people that use Mathematica use
dwm as well ...

Regards,
Sebastian