Re: [dwm] dwm Digest, Vol 12, Issue 22

From: Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:26:07 -0400

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:18:11 +0200
> From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
> Subject: [dwm] Keyboard focus stolen by a client in non-visible tag.
> To: dwm_AT_suckless.org
>
> Hi people,
>
> I've this problem:
>
> I launch URL's with middle clicking them in rxvt-unicode, they get
> launched in Opera via opera -newtab %s. What happens is that keyboard
> focus gets stolen (I get an empty cursor) and I have to refocus my
> terminal window to get it back.
>
> Is there a sensible way to make sure that clients in non-visible tags do
> not steal keyboard focus?
>
> Best,
>
> [a]

I also have this problem. If I go to a tag, run pidgin, then go back to
the tag I was previously on, and pidgin is set to stay on the tag I
launched it on (in this case 3), then pidgin has the tendency to steal
my focus even though dwm thinks it's on the window in tag 1. Which
results in me having to re-focus the window I want to be on in tag 1.
It's quite annoying :) I'll help in any way I can!

Jeremy O'Brien