Re: [dwm] display bug with Firefox + Vimperator in tiling mode

From: Xavier <shiningxc_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:13:42 +0200

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:49:58PM +0200, Martin Sander wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:36:51PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> > I'm using vimperator extension : http://vimperator.mozdev.org/ and have a
> > little problem using it in dwm.
> > It's very common for websites to show thumbnails, and then clicking on the
> > thumbnail will open another firefox window, showing the picture at real size.
> > When doing this in dwm, that newly opened window does contain the picture at
> > real size, but also a copy of the original site in the background
>
> I use vimperator, too. Do you have a link of a website with this
> behaviour?

Yes, you can see the link on the screenshots, but I could have put it in the
mail too :)
http://www.mtbikers.com/StoreFront/products/viewCatalog.do?id=892#none

But I ran into several others with same behavior.

> Maybe you could use an extension like "tab mix plus" to force
> firefox to open all links in new tabs instead of new windows, I do that
> and it works really well with dwm.

I thought about using an option like this, because konqueror has such an
option. I'll try that extension, thanks.