Re: [dwm] layout state per workspace?

From: Diego Biurrun <diego_AT_biurrun.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:09:15 +0200

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:00:45AM -0500, Kurt H Maier wrote:

> On 8/9/07, Diego Biurrun <diego_AT_biurrun.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, but what if you tag it as _both_?
> >
> > If you are looking at a floating tag, it floats, if you are looking at a
> > tiling tag, it gets tiled. You only ever look at one tag...
>
> Maybe *you* only ever look at one tag; I tend to look at two or three
> at a time. That's the difference between a tag and a workspace,
> remember?

Let me be more precise: You only ever have one view, main tag or
whatever you wish to call it. The abstract concept between which you
swicht with modifier and number and which gets a highlighted background
in the list of tags in the bar. These can have layout float, tile, foo
and whatever clients/programs/windows currently belong to it get
displayed according to this layout.

Diego