Re: [dwm] Dwm and Ubuntu -- how to keep nifty UI features?

From: T Biehn <tbiehn_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:19:51 -0400

Network Manager is a gnome-panel applet, when I needed to use it (which I no
longer do, as using the console is better for this anyways) i put
gnome-panel as a floating window rule, then would launch it and then
nm-applet do my config stuff then kill it.
Otherwise I guess maybe gnome has some sort of standard applet dock code
that you can specify some random area on the screen for it to draw images /
put an icon but thats a lot more work than I guess anyone is willing to do.

I'd suggest just doing update-manager / familiarizing yourself with debian
ifup,ifdown, apt-get (crontab with echo > dwm-stdio pipe?) and linux
ifconfig iwconfig commands, or running gnome-panel as a float in a tag.