Re: [dwm] What is the use of Compiz on DWM?

From: Adrien Barilly <adrien.barilly_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:24:52 +0200

Yes, i agree that this has a lot of useless eyecandy.. But i still
remain convinced that some of them can improve usability, e.g. a quick
animation on a popup window or menu can help your eye identify it
faster (our eyes see things better when they move), or, when
exchanging/moving windows, seeing the window actually "move" to its
new position helps you keep track of it and of what you did with it...
zooming on the desktop is also one nice feature.. and many others..

I am still dreaming that one day will appear a tiling window manager
with composite/xrender support, something that would mix usability
with better information accessibility and eye comfort... so far, i'm
sticking with my quite-ugly-but-usable desktop...

Adrien