Re: [dwm] dmenu patches: case insensivity, common keys, emacs keys

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:16:51 +0200

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 06:00:13PM +0200, Michał Janeczek wrote:
> I hope these patches can make it into main tree of dmenu. The case
> insensitivity should be useful for applying dmenu to window
> switching.

Can you elaborate on this case-insensitivy subject? Why does
window switching require this?

Maybe I'll consider this patch for mainstream dwm if you point
me to good reasons.

> Added Emacs-like bindings (C-g - abort, M-p - prev item, M-n - next item)

Well, this patch won't go into mainstream dwm, simply because
dmenu should only support the original Unix command-line
manipulation shortcuts.

Regards,