Re: [dwm] dextra

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:28:15 +0100

On 9/27/07, y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/9/27, Robert Manea <rob.manea_AT_googlemail.com>>
> I have a light and a dark set of colors too. Light one is better for
> work (i think), specially during the day. I use the dark one for long
> hacking nights :).

My reason for going with light on dark background is that I tend to
find very light, especially white backgrounds, tend to "glare out the
text" in a way that "feels" tiring to my eyes when the artificial
light source is positioned badly with respect to your LCD.
Unfortunately, both my work and home PC's are forced to be positioned
so that this happens. (This might be psychosomatic: I like the HCI
_idea_ that a light background is more natural, but when I actually
try it I'm convinced it feels more tiring with a very light background
than a dark one.)

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
david.tweed_AT_gmail.com