Re: [dwm] RESIZEHINTS broken?

From: Chris Webb <chris_AT_arachsys.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:38:08 +0100

"Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org> writes:

> Agreed, I will change the resize code accordingly. So
> RESIZEHINTS will be renamed to INCRESIZE or something like that.

I think the situation is slightly more complex than this. You want full
size hint support (including hints that enlarge the window beyond the
requested size) for floating windows and in floating mode, whereas you
want restricted size hint support (disallowing growth of a window beyond
requested dimensions) in tiling modes. The sizehints argument to resize()
probably therefore needs to be a tri-state.

Best wishes,

Chris.