Re: [dwm] RESIZEHINTS gone in 4.6, how to get the old behaviour?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:43:11 +0100

You can use the nmaster patch with NMASTER=1. this layout uses the old
resizehints behaviour.

PD: I continue disliking the default resizehints way, and about the font
sizes I'm 80% of the time using a 16:9/12" laptop, and depending on how
tired are my eyes or if i'm making a presentation I increase the font size
to use the "10x20" one. So it's not a 3-5px hole..it's a 10-20px hole! and
that's so much.

About the xsetroot 'fix' it's ugly as shit, the select border marks the
window borders remarking the 10-20px hole. btw i usually have a black root
on my Xwindows.

btw I understand that this is a personal opinion that can't beat against
all your opinions, so don't bother. I can continuely patching this issue
release after release.

I just wanted to expose my point of view.

--pancake

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:53:17 +0200
Vasil Dimov <vd_AT_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I upgraded from dwm 4.4 to 4.5 the default behaviour wrt windows'
> sizes changed. I managed to get back the old behaviour by setting
> RESIZEHINTS to False. Now in 4.6 RESIZEHINTS is gone.
>
> Here are two screen-shots to make clear what am I talking about:
> http://tmp.v5d.org/dwm-4.5-resizehints-false.jpg
> http://tmp.v5d.org/dwm-4.6.jpg
>
> You see, in the 4.6 screen-shot the terminal does not occupy the whole
> screen - there is some emptiness on the right and on the bottom.
>
> How do I get the "4.5 RESIZEHINTS False" behaviour in 4.6?
>
> --
> Vasil Dimov
> moc.elcaro_AT_vomid.lisav Software Developer @ Oracle/Innobase Oy
> gro.DSBeerF_AT_dv Committer @ FreeBSD.org