Re: [dwm] Tell that your students...

From: Maarten Maathuis <madman2003_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:48:11 +0100

One of the problems i would see with making a completely new operating
system is all the device drivers that have to be made or ported, that
alone makes it a daunting challenge. 20 years ago the amount of
devices that existed (relevant for a general purpose OS) were limited,
there is also the question of how much will be gained from such a new
operation system?

Writing a new userland is out of the question, so you'd be strictly
looking at a new kernel to replace either the linux or bsd kernel.

I have few issues with the linux, i do not know bsd or any other unix
like operating system. But what could be gained from the massive work
to make a new kernel?

Maarten.