Re: [dwm] wiki front

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:28:47 +0100

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 10:47:23PM +0100, y i y u s wrote:
> 2007/11/10, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I plan to update the suckless.org website completely, before I'm
> > going to continue the st development. So I ask if people know
> > some sane and simple wiki/blog implementations, which I might
> > consider?
> >
> > Actually there were reasons why I wrote diri a while ago, but it
> > just feels too lowlevel and I more and more dislike the look and
> > feel of the suckless.org diri pages.
> >
> > If there are no wikis which might gain my interest, I will
> > rewrite diri from scratch using mainly C filter programs. The
> > first thing is a simplified Markdown -> html generator.
> >
> > I believe the basic principles and ideas in diri are right -
> > using a tree structure for glueing related pages together,
> > having a Markdown'ish wiki syntax which looks like
> > well-formatted ASCII text files (but lacks tables ;() etc.
> >
> > But maybe in the meantime some rocky wiki appeared which I
> > didn't noticed so far. Let me know!
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Anselm R. Garbe >< http://www.suckless.org/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361
>
> I sent you my markdown implementation in awk a while ago. I know it is
> not perfect but it could be improved. I had the idea of applying your
> suggestions (also what webrc people had to say), but you didn't look
> interested. Tell me if this has changed, I can work on it now.
> cheers,

I know your implementation and I had a look on it. From a
Markdown perspective it is quite well implemented. But what I
dislike about Markdown (which is not related to your awk
version) is that it has no higher-level features for tables and
that it recognizes different syntactical elements for the same
thing, e.g. you can define headlines differently with the same
result, where only one way should be allowed to make the format
consistent.

I.e. what I'd like to have is Markdown without embedded HTML
(html will be escaped as in your version, at least as far as
 discussed with Kris on IRC) but with the following table
syntax:

col | col | col
---------------
val | val | val
val | val | val

and with a couple of other simplifications. I believe such
construct is quite context-sensitive and very hard to parse with
awk - hence I'm looking forward ;)

Another idea I'd prefer is having a simple reference element,
e.g.

---snip---
For further information about those problem refer (J.R. Hoare)[1].