Re: [dwm] DWM 4.6 Using 45% CPU on idle???

From: Ricardo Martins <meqif_AT_scarybox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:13:35 +0000

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:29, Jonny Gerold wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a big problem. I have a brand new Thinkpad X61, and I'm using DWM
> 4.6 on Archlinux, and on idle something uses 45% of my CPU. And it's only
> when I use dwm. I tried starting up fluxbox, and there is no issue? I have
> an intel core duo, and I don't know what might be causing the problem. Any
> help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks, Jonny

This is a somewhat random guess, but did you update your xorg-server to
the latest version? I had that exact problem with the update. I'm yet to
find out exactly what's wrong.

In addition to the high cpu usage, I also noticed that some windows
don't have borders. Very weird.

In my case, it can't be caused by a loop in xinitrc, like some suggest,
since I have "exec conky-nox11 -c ~/.conkyrc | dwm" in my .xinitrc.

Regards,

--
 Ricardo Martins  *  scarybox.net  *  GPG key: 0x1308F1B4
Q: Why is this email 5 sentences or less?