Re: [dwm] stacked cpt patch updated!

From: Antony Jepson <antonyat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:18:50 -0500

pancake,

Thanks for the updated cpt patch; I only had to change the default CPTH
value.

There are a few things that could be made clearer / changed.

1. Your example configuration of '{ MODKEY|ShiftMask, XK_q,
clientspertag, "0" },' conflicts with the default binding for quit.

2. I understand that, for me to successfully use nmaster.c, I must
include it before "Layout layouts[]", as stated in your documentation.
However, what was not made apparent was that #RESIZEHINTS must be
specified before you include nmaster.c. Therefore, I recommend you
change the following:

You should modify your config.h to include "nmaster.c" from it after
setting the NMASTER, NCOLS and NROWS macro defintions.

to this (or something similar):

You should modify your config.h to include "nmaster.c" AFTER setting
the NMASTER, NCOLS, NROWS, BORDERPX, and RESIZEHINTS macro definitions.

This would make it a lot easier to compile dwm without trial and error,
especially for a person like me who is not very familiar with C.

Apart from that, thanks for the patch: it works well.

Sincerely,

Antony Jepson.