Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.2

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:20:19 +0100

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:45:58PM +0100, Christian Garbs wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 05:48:19PM +0100, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 05:19:20PM +0100, y i y u s wrote:
>
> > > And a suggestion: if the default modifier is CTRL+g there should
> > > be a keybinding to send a CTRL+g to the client. This way you can
> > > have nested dvtms. I will probably write a patch for it, but dunno
> > > when it will happen.
>
> > You could use the -m command line option which sets the modifier at
> > runtime. So for example dvtm -m ^w will set it to CTRL+w. But i
> > agree that there should also be the possibility to send CTRL+g.

Hi,

Thanks for the patch. I have just commited a change which allows
command functions to take multiple arguments, this conflicts with your
patch but it should be trivial to adapt it.

When you double a modifier dvtm should send it to the underliying
application. This should solve the CTRL+g issue, right?

> I'd also need a way to send CTRL+s. My terminal reacts to the
> combination and I don't know a way to escape it. Under screen,
> I can use ^as instead.

Ok doubling ^s wouldn't work as the terminal would react two times
so a special function is needed, but wouldn't it be better to
read the key which should be escaped via getch()?

> The following patch enables escaped keystrokes. ^s works fine.
> When I run a dvtm inside a dvtm, ^g works as well, but the inner
> dvtm only displays garbled borders.

The garbled borders are on a non UTF-8 system, right? If not then make
sure you have compiled dvtm with "make unicode".

Thanks,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0