Re: [dwm] [ANNOUNCE] dvtm-0.3

From: Leonardo Taccari <leonardo1990_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:45:30 +0100

Hello Marc and all dwm users,

With this 0.3 release I started to use dvtm and I can say that it
is a very cool, elegant and useful program. I think that with dwm and
dvtm we can have a very elegant environment. :)

I'm a NetBSD user and I saw that with the 0.2 release you corrected some
portability issues about FreeBSD and OpenBSD system. I attached a
(very small and simple) madtty.c patch for compiling it correctly on
NetBSD too, for more information please see util(3)[1].

I also saw that now dvtm has the mouse support. Only ncurses library
supports the mouse (this is an extension), so I suggest to change the
config.mk LIBS in this way:
 [...]
 LIBS = -lc -lutil -lncurses
 [...]
Infact with ``-lcurses'' on operating systems like NetBSD that have their
Curses library I get an error with ``make''. But with a ``make
unicode'' I don't get an error because I use devel/ncursesw[2] and with
this new LIBS I don't got the error too.
I saw on ncurses(3) that ``-lncurses'' should be okay for all OSes that
can run GNU new curses.

I also attached another (very small and simple) patch of the dvtm(1) man
page (about -m option).

By the way Marc you're doing a very good software, dvtm is simply great! :)
Thank you Marc and HTH. :)

[1]: http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?util++NetBSD-current
[2]: http://pkgsrc.se/devel/ncursesw

Ciao, Leonardo