Re: [dwm] [dvtm-patch] Fix for the alt keystrokes

From: Daniel Bainton <dpb_AT_driftaway.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:25:04 +0200

On 18/02/2008, Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, i reply to myself.
>
> The following is an improved version of the previous patch
> which use is_modifier() rather then the preprocessor #if
> and check for the next character after the ESC key. This
> allow to send immediately the ESC key when typed (without
> have to wait for another key to be press). The only problem
> is that, for some reason i'm not currently able to figure
> out, there is a bit of delay between these two steps.
>
> Please, consider this thread as an "input" for a real and
> good solution. I know my code is a bit dirty but since it
> works i thought it was a good idea to post here.

I finally tried dvtm yesterday, and yeah, having meta not work correctly
was really annoying me. Atleast in Irssi when doing esc-#, it only worked
on the next key press after that. This patch is a great improvement to that.

IMO it would make sense to s/ESC/META/ the patch though, as it isn't just the
esc key that is affected.

--
Daniel