Re: [dwm] [dvtm] mouse selection just inside a window?

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:19:27 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 05:13:01PM -0500, Ritesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi dvtm users,
>
> I was wondering, is it possible to restrict mouse selection to a window in
> dvtm? Currently, multiline mouse selections in dvtm (with mouse handling
> disabled in dvtm) goes across window borders.

I think this should be handled at the x terminal emulator level.

> There is no mouse selection with mouse handling enabled in dvtm.

You have to press the shift key while selecting.

> One way to do this is to handle mouse events in dvtm and use xclip to handle
> the X clipboard.

Integrating something like this in dvtm seems backward, instead run dwm
with multiple terms when you need such a thing.

Regards,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0