[dwm] idesk + DWM

From: Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439_AT_csun.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:56:55 -0800

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up a workstation for my parents that uses DWM. Can't wait to see how they like it ;)

Anyways, they need icons for all their regular apps such as firefox, pidgin, etc.

Now I understand DWM was not meant for icons on the desktop but I just wouldn't want to use any other WM. So my question is, what is the best way to set up icons on DWM?

Will idesk work?

Another option was to use ROX File manager and create a apps directory in their home folder. This will have all the symlinks to the apps that they use regularly.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Amit