Re: [dwm] idesk + DWM

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:12:19 +0100

I think the problem is not interesting anymore, but I want to share
some ideas though.

Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, a potential problem I see already is the desktop being covered by all
> the tiled windows that they'd want to open. One window open, desktop is
> gone.

You could have one tag that no application gets attached to. If you
select only this one then you see the icons.

I don't know about the current situation, is it possible to deselect
all tags and show the icons that way?

And if they only use some few applications, why don't keep them
running with `init' (to restart them if they close). So your parents
don't have to think about starting applications.
(Okay, don't tell me about memory- and processor usage ;-) )

have a nice day

meillo