Re: [dwm] regex in rules?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:00:06 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:50:25AM +0100, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> this is OT, but what I believe would be easy to
> add as a rule mechanism and useful from my
> current point of view is having floating and
> non-floating views/tags.
>
> does that make sense or would it roll over
> dwm's design principles like a 5 ton caterpillar?

The layout in use is view-specific in conjunction with Xinerama
already (though hg tip is totally unusable still). But having
float/nonfloat tags is useless, because we won't be able to
handle popups and isfloating windows well if we try to tag them
separately. I believe it has been a good decision to keep tags
totally independent from the layout.

Kind regards,