Re: [dwm] found a nice way to do the setgeom stuff

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:00:15 +0100

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:49:19PM -0400, Ralph E. Carter wrote:
> > From: nibble_AT_develsec.org
> > To: dwm_AT_suckless.org
> > Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:38:06 +0100
> > Subject: Re: [dwm] found a nice way to do the setgeom stuff
> >
> >> To grow/shrink the master area, you could reuse this approach as
> >> follows:
> >>
> >> DEFGEOM(growmaster, bx, by, bw, wx, wy, ww, wh, mx, my, \
> >> mw+=20, mh, tx, ty, tw-=20, th, mox, moy, mow, moh)
> >> DEFGEOM(shrinkmaster, bx, by, bw, wx, wy, ww, wh, mx, my, \
> >> mw-=20, mh, tx, ty, tw+=20, th, mox, moy, mow, moh)
> >>
> >> { "+|", growmaster },
> >> { "|-", shrinkmaster },
> >>
> >> { MODKEY, XK_h, setgeom, "|-" },
> >> { MODKEY, XK_l, setgeom, "+|" },
> >
> > It is not very important, but the right GEOM definition for growmaster and
> > shrinkmaster should be:
> >
> > DEFGEOM(shrinkmaster, bx, by, bw, wx, wy, ww, wh, mx, my, \
> > mw-=20, mh, tx-=20, ty, tw+=20, th, mox, moy, mow, moh)
> > DEFGEOM(growmaster, bx, by, bw, wx, wy, ww, wh, mx, my, \
> > mw+=20, mh, tx+=20, ty, tw-=20, th, mox, moy, mow, moh)
> >
> > And, of course, nice work!! I really like the new geometries concept.
> >
> Right. This fixed mine. Thanks.

Well, sorry, I hacked it untested into my mail. I have two
similiar definitions as a sample in hg tip.

However, I pretty much recommend not using shrink/grow in this
way, but to stick to some usual geometries, with a bigger and
with a smaller master area, and maybe a geometry with a hidden
bar.

Kind regards,