Re: [dwm] more consistent codestyle patch

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:54:10 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 06:08:59PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> On 5/13/08, Diego Biurrun <diego_AT_biurrun.de> wrote:
> > > XGrabButton(dpy, AnyButton, AnyModifier, c->win, False,
> > > - BUTTONMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeSync, None, None);
> > > + BUTTONMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeSync, None, None);
> >
> > Well, before it was indented to align with the XGrabButton call. This
>
> used spaces to achieve this which is wrong

A lot of people seem to argue over tab vs. spaces but somehow don't realize
that the best (at least in my opinion) is to combine them in a smart
way. That is, use tabs for indention and spaces for further alignment:

------->XGrabButton(dpy, AnyButton, AnyModifier, c->win, False,
------->............BUTTONMASK, GrabModeAsync, GrabModeSync, None, None);

This way the user can set the tabwidth to whatever he likes and the code
will still look decent.

Regards,
Marc

--