Re: [dwm] [patch] domax (was: Documentation!)

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:13:29 +0200

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 03:10:09PM +0200, yy wrote:
> 2008/5/17 yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>:
> > As I told in my last message, I have implemented maximizations in a
> > different way.
> > It adds 3 loc and removes some flexibility, but I think it makes the
> > code clearer. With this patch, dwm doesn't remember floating windows
> > any more. Notice that in order to maximize windows you can use Mod+M
> > or the right mouse button in the tile symbol (which will then become
> > inverted). I don't know if it should go into main or not, I just
> > wanted to try it... be care because I didn't have time to do much
> > testing.
> >
> > greets,
> >
> I forgot to make you a question: why am I getting EnterNotify events
> maximizing windows (even if you don't raise them)? Or in other words,
> why don't you get them when zooming with the cursor in the stack area?

We did similiar work today ;)( -- I'd like to see your domax
patch as patch against the most recent hg tip.

The reason why you don't receive the enternotify events in
zoom() is because of restack() which performs the following
loop at the end:

        XSync(dpy, False);
        while(XCheckMaskEvent(dpy, EnterWindowMask, &ev));

I recommend doing it this way, instead of counting enternotify's
because it enforces our focus policy much cleaner than all this
quirky enternotify counting in other WMs.

Kind regards,