Re: [dwm] way towards 5.0

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:18:50 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 03:59:58PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> > Do people prefer having a fine-grain bar positioning setup or is
> > it more preferred to have a bar setup in the sense "top or
> > bottom"? I still believe the latter idea is nicer, if someone
> > wants to use dzen, patch updategeom on you own.
>
> Top or bottom would be enough for me. If that's the way it's going to
> be, I'd like to see dmenu's "-y -x -w" stuff replaced with the good
> old "-b" as well (however, if you do that, make sure to let the wmii
> guys know in time; they've had a lot of "bugreports" about the menu
> not working with dmenu > 3.4 since the change from "-b" to "-y -x
> -w").

Yea I'm considering reverting this. dwm actually has got
Xinerama support again, using the first screen info for
w{x,y.w.h} now -- if it is enabled at compile time. So I
consider the same for dmenu as well when determing the right
position.

Thus, one can use the remaining space (outside w{x,y,w,h}) for
floating stuff.

Kind regards,