[dwm] OT: Favorite monitor for text?

From: RCarter <tworoadsconverged_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:34:40 -0400

I'm also googling this, but I'm sure this topic concerns many here.

I want an extremely uniform black, with minimum leakage of the backlight,
minimum bleeding of the light and color of whatever text is present,
low reflectivity of the screen surface, razor-sharpness, and a size >= 24".

My research suggests the S-PVA LCD panel type, as in the Dell 2408WPF.

Secondarily (for my other user), would be something optimized for image
editing.
The S-IPS or H-IPS panel, as in the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi, looks good.

In either case, maximum quality of non-moving images is the priority.