Re: [dwm] patch for 5.0.1: interior borders only

From: Donald Chai <donald.chai_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 23:33:31 -0700

> I evaluated this border style some time ago. And I must say I still
> prefer the original behavior of dwm. The problem about you're
> borderstyle is, that my brain needs more time to identify the selected
> window. Also I don't use resizehints, as some clients really start to
> fuck up if it's set to false, which is even more counterproductive
> with this patch.

Oh, I'm new here and didn't realize that someone already tried this
before. I didn't see it in any patches or screenshots.

I only have terminal sessions managed by dwm, and rxvt-unicode is set
to dim windows that are out of focus, so it works for me. I'm typing
this in Apple Mail, and I'm thinking that maybe what I really want is
a drop shadow around the active window instead of borders...