[dwm] 5.1 is on its way

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:31:37 +0100

Hi there,

I investigated into some fullscreen application issues which were the
reason for rescheduling the 5.1 release.
One issue is that theyoutube browser plugin fullscreen (1) mode ins't
working, another issue is that certain apps like acroread draw a 1px
border on top and left window side (2).

I expected a bug in dwm, but there is no bug regarding these issues in dwm.

(1) The problem is in the video browser plugin itself, it requests a
window of the size 0,0,200,200 -- I can't figure out which properties
are set/used on this window, because it destroys itself on FocusOut
(which makes tools like xprop unusable). There are chances this plugin
expects some EWMH hints, but I can't tell if it makes it hard to
determine any. I didn't spent more time on this because I don't care
so much about youtube fullscreen (the normal video quality is poor
already).

(2) This is definately some bug in acroread. It creates a fullscreen
window when in floating mode, however, even if it requests a 0px boder
it ends up with a 1px border due to some brokeness inside acroread
(obviously it re-uses the border pixel value of the main window, which
is unmapped during the fullscreen mode).

So there is nothing to fix, except you noticed another fullscreen related issue.

Let me know, otherwise I will release the tools tomorrow.

Kind regards,
--Anselm