Re: [dwm] save cpu cycles - bar status and wrapper scripts

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:49:15 -0500

Maybe you could not run the script in the loop, and instead trigger it
when you activate the bar. Something like this:

static const char *barcmd[] = { "/path/to/script > /path/to/pipe", NULL };
static Key keys[] = {
{ MODKEY, XK_b, spawn, {.v = barcmd } },
{ MODKEY, XK_b, togglebar, {0} },

The problem is that it will trigger the script again when you _close_
the bar, but that's got to be better than just burning cycles the
whole time.

# Kurt H Maier