Re: [dwm] Purpose of Monocle Layout

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:04:06 +0200

Antony Jepson dixit (2008-08-02, 14:53):

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the purpose of the monocle layout simply
> to make dwm more manageable for people with multiple screens?

I'd rather say it's very useful on small screens. I have it as default
layout on my 8,9" HP Mini-note and seldom use other layouts.

BTW, a friend and I came up with the idea, that it would be useful to
have some visual hint of how many windows you are actually viewing in
monocle. Say, there are five windows with currently viewed tag and
you're viewing the third window in the stack; then there could be an
indicator like: [3/5] or [..*..]. What do you guys think about that?

Best,

--
[a]