Re: [dwm] Purpose of Monocle Layout

From: Antony Jepson <antonyat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:09:46 -0400

Dear Kai,

On 2008-08-03, Kai Großjohann wrote:
> Others have stated that they used it on small screens. I find that even
> with bigger screens some programs tend to be full-screen anyway. One
> prime example is the web browser. Also, if you use one of those
> graphical mail reading thingies, then they have lots and lots of little
> windows and toolbars, so you'll want those to be full-screen, too. And
> then there are IDEs and PDF viewers.
>
> I often gather multiple of such windows into one tag, which is in
> monocle layout.

It is definitely useful on large screens. At a 1680x1050 resolution, a
full screen Web browser is a God-send.

Most of the time, all I'll have open is Firefox and rxvt-unicode
(screen, mutt, irssi, finch, etc.); monocle makes it a breeze to switch
between apps.

Thanks to whoever contributed the monocle patch.

Sincerely,

--
Antony Jepson / <antonyat_AT_gmail.com> / GPG Key: 0xFA10ED80
++ Sapere aude! (Dare to be wise!)                      ++