[dwm] Feature request: any way to change default values in config

From: Jan Kaliszewski <zuo_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 01:25:35 +0200

Hi .*! :)

Recently I thought about possibility of changing default values in
*config.h*, e.g. tagset[] = {1 | 1 << 1, 1 << 1 | 1 << 4 | 1 << 7} (to
have after start selected tags 1+2, and 2+5+8 as the other combination).

Obviously, I can always hack main dwm source file but it would be nice to
be able to set such values without touching dwm.c (and possibly to do
other custom preparing actions and maybe also post-cleanup).

I thought about 2 alternative solutions:

1) a bit hackish:
* to define in config.h function custom_pre() (directly; or maybe with
#define... and then using it in dwm.c for actual definition?),
* and to call that function in dwm.c before main loop in run() (or maybe
in main() before calling run()?);
-- and similarly to define in config and call after main loop function
custom_post();

2) probably more elegant:
* to add 2 arrays: custiom_pre/custom_post -- similar to arrays keys and
buttons but simpler: only containing actions connected with
startup/quitting dwm).

What do you think about it?

Regards.
*j